Single use, sterile dressing, impregnated with copper oxide particles with an internal absorbent layer
and one external non-woven layer.
- Proprietary Technology
- Copper microparticles are embedded into fibers, substrates and polymers very early during production with no significant changes to the manufacturing process
- All layers are impregnated with copper oxide particles
- Strong protection against a broad spectrum of wound pathogens – antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal including antibiotic-resistant pathogens
- With sustained antibacterial action, the dressings have up to 7-day wear-time allowing for fewer changes and reduced clinician contact time
- Non-sensitizing and non-irritating to the skin
- Efficient adhering and pain free removal
- No need to pre-wet
- Dressings can be trimmed to optimally fit the wound
The copper wound dressings follow the successful commercialization of copper compounds impregnation into various fabrics and polymers after 15 years of research and are protected by 30 patents worldwide.